I've been waiting...

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Sunday Happenings

Coming off of a somewhat difficult week with Grace. Late nights, grumpy mornings and a bit of busy running around on my part. 
I read somewhere that whining peaks around age 3-4 and well let's just say, at 3.5 years old, I hope she is hitting the peak!!! 
So today we went to the mall for our photo session.  Not an overly successful session, Grace hadn't really napped and it showed. Smiles just weren't on her radar today and even though we got a few cute shots (which I will post in a couple of weeks when I pick them up) I finally decided to just give up.   I had promised her a play at the play place, a little kids' area with climbing structures, etc.  We get out of Sears and went to where I know the play place is located and poof!  It's gone!  It has been taken out, replaced by some lounge chairs. 
Melt down # 7 of the day ensued while I quickly decided what to do.  A ride on the escalator was a sad second but it got us to the door to the parking lot.  From there we headed towards home.  Driving along, I remembered the McDonalds on the way, a McDonalds with a big bold sign on top PLAY PLACE. 
It was already 6:00. Did I really want to do this on a Sunday night??  No, I really wanted to just get home, get pajamas on, maybe fill up on a bowl of cheerios and be done with the day.  I pulled into the parking lot, Grace spied the tunnel slide and just about jumped out of her skin!  
Grace: "Mommy, are we going to Old McDonald's??" 
Me:  " I guess so"
Grace:  " YEAH!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!"

And that's what makes it all worthwhile!!



No comments: