I've been waiting...

Monday, July 21, 2014

Grace's Park

 
Grace's park.  That's what she calls it.  I call it amazing!  Every time Grace visits her little friend L. they go out to her backyard and play on the equipment. L. has swings, a hammock, a trampoline and a climbing structure with a slide.  She calls it L's park.
 
Now Grace has her own park!
 
We are so lucky to have a fantastic Grandma and Grandpa who picked out a wonderful play structure for our backyard.  
We woke up early one morning to find several boxes had been dropped off in our backyard the night before.  That night, Grandpa and Grandma came by to help us choose the spot to build. 
Then Friday morning came:  building day!  We woke up early and took some pictures of Grandpa getting started before heading off to daycare and school.  All day at work I could hardly concentrate, thinking about Grace and her reaction when she first lays sight on her new "park."  I picked her up and told her we had a surprise at home.  When we got there and went around the back, she went crazy!!  She must have climbed the ladder and slid down the slide 10 times in a row!!!
What a lucky girl!!!
 
 
Helping Grandpa get started

Grace studying the plans..... in French!!!LOL
 
 

Resting after all the hard work!!

Here I go again Mommy!  Watch this!
Those are safety goggles she has on! Safety first!!
Hey Grandpa!  Come on up!

Peek-a-boo!!




And this is how she ended her day with the new park!!

2 comments:

Paula said...

That is so incredibly awesome! Grandparents are THE best!!!

Suzanne said...

you're right Paula, grandparents are the best!! I just read your last post and I had to chuckle. It was as if you were writing about Grace!! She too is a firecracker like I've never met before and can be loving and snuggly at the same time that she is making me pull my hair out!!!