I've been waiting...

Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Father's Day.  How to celebrate when you are a single mom?  Always a tough question, always a challenge, but for me, we search out the next best thing..... Grandpa!!!!  

Grace and I are so lucky to have my dad so close by for her to celebrate Father's Day with in a meaningful way.  I know it will get harder each year as Grace becomes more and more aware of the fact that we are a two person family, just her and I, but for now I am thankful to both my dad and a good friend Brian, as well as my brother, brother in laws and her older cousins who give her so many positive male role models she needs to grow up into a well rounded person. 

Her babysitter was so kind as well, helping make a special gift and card for Grandpa, very thoughtful of her!

Here are a few pics from yesterday's festivities!




ps.  Still no computer at home, I will try to catch up once  I have a new computer this summer.  I have lots of posts ready to go!



They are all looking so grown-up now


Some might call this dangerous.  Grace likes to call it adventurous!!





The K-man helping Grandpa open his gift

Grace and I spent some time over the last week taking pictures to make a gift for Grandpa.  She calls him Poppa, not because that's what we call Grandpas in our family but because she can't quite say Grandpa yet.  Thank Goodness, as it was challenging enough getting her to pose for these five letters!!!  It's a bit difficult to see, but each one is taken in a place that either Grandpa or Grace enjoys - her slide, her car, the flower garden, the red chair that Grandpa made for our garden.

"Let me help you Grandpa!!"



Grace made a special rock for Grandpa at daycare.  She painted it and wrote "Grandpa rocks!" on it.  Here she is explaining the whole process to Grandpa!!LOL




The K-man would have nothing to do with picture taking yesterday, not even with his dad!
See below!!LOL






HUGS! <3
 

Finally a great picture of K-man and Grandpa, except for Grace photo-bombing!!!!!

Grace has nose kisses for all the people she loves.  There is no question she is "Grandpa's girl!"



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,

Everything in yours posts make me think of me and my daughter. I am also a single mom. My daughter is turning 9 on Friday. If you wish to know how we delt with "Fathers' day" and all the questions, emotions around it, I would be glad to share, but in private. Let me know if you are interested.

Diane
Mom to Léa-Jade

Suzanne said...

thanks Diane, I'm glad you are enjoying reading the blog. Believe it or not, I don't know that much about how to contact you privately without publishing email addresses through the comments. I've changed my settings to receive your comments through email. try sending a comment again and I'll email you. would love to hear your thoughts!