I've been waiting...

Saturday, February 22, 2014

10 Years - Happy Anniversary??

Thanks to an online friend who reminded me of this!

10 years ago today I started this journey.  I sat in a small room in Burlington with many other expectant and excited and anxious people, watching the video footage of a family meeting their child in China for the first time, wondering if this was the right journey for me.  What I didn't know then was where I would end up.  10 years ago, I had a different job, different friends, I lived in a different house, I had a different life.  This journey has changed me.  

Grace has brought excitement and craziness and mess into my life that was already crazy and messy.  

10 years is a long time to get to where you want to be in life.  I will not deny that I was bitter about the wait, really really bitter.  Life felt very unfair for many years waiting for Grace, getting older and more anxious about the outcome with every set-back.  

But I took a leap of faith to start this process, and it was my faith that kept me in it.  Unfortunately I often go days without thanking God for Grace but every time I get a reminder (like this anniversary date) I am completely humbled by the priviledge I have been given by God, by China.  Grace was definitely worth the wait!  A year and a half into parenting and I'm still in the "pinch me" stage most days.  I can't believe I'm actually a mom, although if you saw how tired and frazzled I am, you wouldn't doubt it for a second!!LOL

This process?  This journey?  This past 10 years?Exciting at the beginning, hard in the middle, amazing at the end.  And that pretty much sums it up.




No comments: